The LG Optimus Pro goes official, has a 1080p display, 3000mAh battery and a 13MP camera
NTT Docomo – Japan’s premier Telecom company just announced the LG Optimus Pro. It is LG’s first 1080p smartphone, following HTC ‘s Droid DNA and Sony’s Xperia Z. The Optimus Pro will be available by mid-April at least in Japan. For the specs we have
- Display : 5.0 inches (1,080 x 1,920 pixel resolution) Full HD; TFT LCD 16M colors
- OS : Android 4.1
- CPU : Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 1.7 GHz Quad Core
- RAM : 2GB
- Storage : 32GB internal, MicroSD card slot
- Connectivity : HSPA, LTE, Wi-Fi a / b / g / n, Bluetooth v4.0, NFC, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA
- Battery : 3,000mAh
- Camera : BSI CMOS 13.1 megapixels rear; 1.9 MP front
The CPU is the same as in Droid DNA or Xperia Z. However LG has opted for a bigger battery than Sony or HTC. It is a welcome move by LG and the device should easily last the whole day with heavy usage.
We will keep you posted on any info regarding the global availability as soon as we get it.