Micromax Announces A116 Canvas HD – Jelly Bean, Quad-core, Rs. 15,000
Micromax has been making quite a few headlines in the country already, and in trying to keep up with OEMs like Samsung, LG etc, the company has gone ahead and announced a quad-core phone, named the A116 Canvas HD. If that excites you, wait for more specs.
The Canvas HD comes with Jelly Bean out of the box, and a 5″ IPS LCD display of HD resolution. There is an 8 MP snapper on the back, and a front-facing VGA camera. The processor is a quad-core Cortex-A7 CPU, MediaTek MT6589, and the GPU is a PowerVR SGX544.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 5.0″ IPS LCD display of HD resolution (1280×720 pixels), ~249 PPI
- 1.2 GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6589 CPU, PowerVR SGX 544 GPU
- 8 MP main camera, LED flash, front facing VGA camera
- 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- 2100 mAh battery
- Launch price – Rs. 15,000 (~$280), Availability – early February.
That is a very aggressive price. Not only are the specs great for that price, they’re actually a steal. I’m not sure if Micromax will be making any profits off of the Canvas HD, but it’s going to sell loads.
What one should be wary about, though, is the after-sales service. I’ve heard people being asked by the Micromax care centers to wait for a month even for small hardware issues.