Swype Inc., the makers of the most popular keyboard for smartphones – Swype, have released an update to v3.0. It’s an update to the previous Beta version, and there may be some bugs, but the devs have ensured that the most annoying ones have been ironed out. Also, with this release, Swype has become tablet-friendly. They have released a video as well, to show off the keyboard on the Motorola Xoom.
Here’s the official Change Log:
- Swype v3 introduces two major new features: Tap Correction and Horizontal Word Choice List
- Our Tap Correction engine utilizes many of the concepts that make swyping so accurate. Seamlessly go from typing to swyping and back without missing a beat!
- The Horizontal Word Choice List replaces our popup word choice window, giving users an experience more in-line with evolving Android standards. It also makes dictionary control and word selection faster and easier.
- Swype v3 is available for devices with HVGA, WVGA, FWVGA, QVGA, WQVGA, WSVGA, qHD screen sizes
- Introducing a special Honeycomb-only WXGA version for Android tablets, with features like “moveable keyboard” that you won’t find anywhere else!
- To see which languages are supported on your device, check the language and resolution table
- Improved licensing: Swype will no longer be disabled after a reboot on some devices; added support for devices that don’t have a cellular radio (wifi-only tablets); no more license failures for CDMA devices in airplane mode.
- Simplified registration by allowing users to authenticate their email address directly through the installer.
Also thrown-in in the mix is Resizable keyboard for Tablets. And oh, you can move the keyboard to Left, Center and Right as well. So yeah, go ahead and download the latest version by registering here, if you haven’t already.