Rumor Roundup: Nexus Prime (Galaxy Nexus), Ice Cream Sandwich, And… Galaxy S III
Buckle up, quite some ‘ohmigod’ stuff this.
Some anonymous 4chan user is on a roll these days. He’s either some dude who is lying or is someone who isn’t. Either ways, the blogosphere has done enough to add fuel to the small fire he’d started on 4chan boards. Not wasting much time, lets see and make sense of what he has ‘revealed’.
The Nexus Prime first? Right, here.
- He/she calls it the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. According to him, the reps said it was a ‘beta’ model – prototype, in proper English.
- Says it looks similar to the Sprint version of Galaxy S II. Verizon may have inked a deal to stock the next Nexus, according to him.
- There’s a 4.65″ Super AMOLED Plus display of HD resolution (1280×720 pixels)
- Samsung’s Exynos processor clocked at 1.5 GHz. Oh, it is a dual core one, at that.
- 1 GB RAM. 16 GB internal memory, expandable with a memory card.
- 2000 mAh battery. Nice.
On Ice Cream Sandwich.
- Works like Gingerbread, but has got a major facelift.
- Glassy looking Menus.
- More animations. Lot more shinier, with more purple and blue than ever.
- There’s an App Drawer. Three default sections by name – Apps, Games and Widgets. The apps section will house all the apps, games section will house all the games and the widgets section will show you all those apps which have widgets. Neat. You can also create your own sections if you want. Talk about organisation. Also, I think of it as the old Symbian style folder structure done differently.
- The Gmail app gets a facelift as well. If you have the phone in landscape mode, you get a preview pane, ala Outlook on our Windows PCs.
- New browser. The 4chan user says it is leaps and bounds better than the current one. The icon of the app has changed as well. The interface now resembles the tabbed style of Opera Mobile, says the user.
Aaaand, moving on to the Samsung Galaxy S III. Prepare to be blown away.
- 4.65″ Super AMOLED III display. Resolution of 1280×1024 pixels. Pixel Density – 352 PPI, which, if true, would be the highest on any smartphone, ceteris paribus.
- Quad Core 2 GHz processor. Lulz.
- 1.5 GB RAM. 32 GB internal memory, expandable.
- There will be a 2250 mAh battery. And a 10 MP camera. And it can do 1080p recording, at 60 FPS. Jesus!
- Will come with a built-in NFC chip. That isn’t as surprising though.
- Supposedly, it will come with Ice Cream Sandwich, which seems ok. Samsung also plans to slap TouchWiz 5 on it. And it seems that Samsung has been developing TouchWiz 5 in close association with Google, so it shouldn’t be as irritating, and help Sammy push the updates faster. We’re are totally not complaining!
Right. That stupefying specs journey ends here. The specs of the Galaxy S III seem unbelievable, frankly. Take these with a bag of.. err, pinch of salt. The Nexus Prime (or Galaxy Nexus) and Ice Cream Sandwich stuff seems believable, though.
What do you think?