Samsung Re-announces Galaxy Beam – 1 GHz Dual Core Processor, Android With Built-in Projector
If you didn’t have enough of the Galaxy Tabs and all, here’s another device from the Koreans – the Galaxy Beam. As the name suggests, it runs Android (like the other Galaxy devices) aaand, comes with a built-in projector. And that’s what distinguishes it from the rest of the Androids out there.
The built-in projector is capable of beaming (going with the naming style) a 50″ HD image, using the 15 lumen lamp. Samsung provides a dedicated app for projection (or beaming) purposes, so you can choose what you want to beam. You can choose images and videos, I guess.
Quick specs -
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread with TouchWiz on top
- 4″ LCD display of 800×480 resolution
- 1 GHz dual core processor
- 5 MP rear camera, 1.3 MP front facing camera
- 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card (by another 32 GB)
- Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Projector
- 2000 mAh battery
No information on the pricing and availability yet, however. Samsung had announced a Beam branded phone an year or so back, but it never got released. Here’s hoping they release this time, given it makes for quite a good mid-range device.