After seeing a huge response to the original Aakash tablet, the makers of the world’s first ultra low cost tablet, DataWind, have now put up a improved version up on pre-order.
The new tablet is called the Ubislate 7, and as understandable, it comes with a 7″ touchscreen. It comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread, up from the Froyo that the Aakash tablet came with. There won’t be a camera, however, and the processor is clocked at mere 700 MHz, sans all the dual core fancy stuff. But there’s only so much you can ask for with that money. More specs below
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 7″ display of 800×480 resolution
- Cortex A8 processor clocked at 700 MHz
- 256 MB RAM, 2 GB internal storage, expandable up to 32 GB with a microSD card
- GPRS, Wi-Fi a/b/g, HD video playback ( :O ), USB port
- Paltry 3 hours battery backup, from a 3200 mAh battery
It does seem like I’m ridiculing the tablet, but well, this is going to sell like hot cakes. People who cannot afford the insanely priced high-end Android tablets may like what they are getting for the price here, but not me.
Also, apparently, the Ubislate 7 is being produced in my city.