Xperia P owners, rejoice! Sony is pushing out the much-awaited-and-already-stale Ice Cream Sandwich update, bringing ICS speed and neatness and lot of other new apps. The update is being rolled out region-wise, so you may or may not get it right now, but keep looking for a notification, or check manually if you’re impatient and don’t trust the notifications.
Here’s what Sony’s adding on its own –
- New ways to experience your media with new media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
Sony also advises that it may take a while for the OTA update to arrive, so you should also keep checking with the PC Companion or Bridge for Mac PCs software. Also, some users will be able to update only via the aforementioned software.