The Sony Xperia S (currently the device I’m lusting after), is all set to enter the UK, courtesy O2 and Three, two of the few mobile operators in the country.
Three, in particular, is very excited about the latest offering from Sony (Sony Ericsson has now been rebranded and integrated in to Sony). They have been marketing the device quite heavily, and I’m certainly not complaining, after all, the Xperia S deserves every bit of it.
If you don’t remember, or do not want to click through to another article, here are the specs of the Xperia S –
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread, ICS upgrade in the works
- 4.3″ HD resolution display (1280×720)
- 1.5 GHz dual core processor, Adreno 220 GPU
- 12 MP main camera (Exmor R sensors), LED flash, full HD video recording (1080p) @ 30 FPS; 1.3 MP front facing camera
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB / 32 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Hotspot, HSDPA
- Bluetooth 3.0, USB OTG, GPS
You’d at least remember that the Xperia S was announced yesterday, at the CES. And information about the device coming to the UK this soon is amazing. In fact, it’s awesome. For the folks in the UK, at least. I hope other countries also get to see the device soon.