Finally. The Facebook Phone rumours can now be shuttered. The first ever, official Facebook phone is made by HTC, and it’s called the First, as if to signify it even more.
The HTC First comes with Facebook Home pre-loaded and optimized, although the app can be installed on other devices. The specs known right now slot it in the mid-range category.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean with Facebook Home on top
- 4.3″ display (probably LCD), 1280×720 pixels
- 1.4 GHz dual core Snapdragon 400 processor
- 5 MP rear camera, LED flash, full HD recording; front facing 1.6 MP camera
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, non-expandable
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS
- 2,000 mAh battery
It will come in four colours – Black, White, Pale Blue and Red, and you can place a pre-order now over at AT&T.
It’s going to be available on AT&T, on a two year contract, for $99. There will be an EE exclusive variant for the UK, according to the chatter currently, but as far as the US goes, it’s only AT&T. No news about the device coming anywhere else, at the moment.
Pre-orders can be placed here.