Toshiba Excite X10 Android Tablet Headed To The US Quarter 1 2012, For $530
While Lenovo and Acer are busy launching beasts after beasts, Toshiba has silently launched a decently specc’d Android tablet. And while the specs may be quite decent, the Excite X10 also happens to be the world’s thinnest 10″ tablet in the world at 0.3″ thick.
This CES will no doubt witness a massive onslaught of Android tablets, and some Google TVs too, but tablets like the Iconia Tab A700 and this, will stand out. Not just from the design point of view, but also because they both are unique in their own ways. The Iconia Tab A700, for example, comes with a WUXGA resolution display (1920×1200 pixels). And the Excite X10, being thinnest 10″ tablet.
Here’s a quick rundown of the specs -
- Android 3.2 Honeycomb, upgradable to Ice Cream Sandwich in the near future
- 10.1″ LCD display of 1280×800 pixel resolution
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core TI OMAP 4430 processor
- 5 MP rear camera, 2 MP front facing camera
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth, DLNA
- microHDMI port, microUSB port
The tablet is set to show up in the first quarter of this year, in the US, and should set you back by… $530. Um, that’s a tad too much, innit?