Branding by carriers is usual. And most of the times, confusing. Well, KDDI today announced the launch of HTC’s One S, but branded as just HTC J, or if you want some dramatic names, HTC ISW13HT.
The HTC J is similar to the One S, save for the WiMax and Infrared, which have been added in the J. Still, if you want the specs –
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with HTC Sense 4.0 slapped on top
- 4.3″ Super AMOLED display of qHD (540×960 pixels) resolution
- 1.5 GHz Dual Core Snapdragon S4 processor, Adreno 225 GPU
- 8 MP main camera with LED flash, 1.3 MP front facing camera
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- WiMax, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Infrared
- 1650 mAh battery
KDDI has an offer as well. Along with the UrBeats headphones which every buyer of the HTC J will get, the carrier will also bundle HTC Solo headphones for the first 500 customers. For free.
No information on the pricing, but the device will be on sale starting summer. Or June, in other terms.