Just when you thought you had enough Transformer Pad Infinitys, Vodafone Germany thought otherwise. They have announced an LTE version of the tablet, which was first launched at Mobile World Congress held earlier this year.
There are going to be some devices to look out for, at next week’s IFA, including LG’s Optimus G, and probably the Galaxy Note 2. In case you’ve forgotten the specs of the Transformer Pad Infinity, here they are –
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, with Asus Waveshare UI on top
- 10.1″ IPS LCD display, 1900×1200 pixels, ~224 PPI
- 1.5 GHz dual core Snapdragon S4 Krait Processor, Adreno 225 GPU
- 8 MP camera, Auto Focus, LED flash, front facing 2 MP camera
- 1 GB RAM, 16 / 32 / 64 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, DLNA, Hotspot, Bluetooth
It’s quite good on paper, but the LG Optimus G’s rumored specs already better this tablet. I know, I know, mad specs race. But hey, 1 GB RAM?
The pricing is also high, if you’re wanting to get it off contract – it’ll set you back by $1024, or €820. That’s an awful lot of money, and you’re not getting the best specs either.