Lo and behold, here’s the iPhone killer – well, at least in terms of thickness. The Motorola RAZR, or as the US will know it as the Droid RAZR, is now official. Wait, it’s got the looks, and some specs to boast about, as well. Remember the original RAZR – back in the early days of feature phones? It made phones sexy. And fashionable. And status symbol.
Lets get down to the specs –
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
- 4.3″ qHD Super AMOLED display
- Thickness – 7.1 mm
- 1.2 GHz dual core processor, 1 GB RAM
- 8 MP main camera, capable of recording fullHD videos (1080p), front facing camera – capable of HD recording
- 16 GB internal memory, expandable by another 16 GB with a microSD card
- Bluetooth 4.0 (saves energy, apart from being faster), Wi-Fi b/g/n, 4G LTE
- 1780 mAh battery
The RAZR (I hate those caps on) is made out of Kevlar fiber (used by US Military in personal armor, combat helmets etc. So what? So it is a very strong material. So? So you have a very sturdy device here.
The RAZR will be available on a two year contract from Verizon at a price of $299.
Here’s the full presser –
VERIZON WIRELESS AND MOTOROLA ANNOUNCE DROID RAZR™ BY MOTOROLA: DROID STRONG. RAZR SHARP.
Impossibly Thin with Unstoppable Power on America’s Fastest and Most Reliable 4G Network
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Today, Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) and Verizon Wireless announced DROID RAZR™ by Motorola, the world’s thinnest 4G LTE smartphone. A true marvel of design, this smartphone packs strength and smarts into a stylish package offered exclusively from Verizon Wireless.
Measuring 7.1 mm thin, made with KEVLAR® fiber for strength and Corning®Gorilla® Glass for scratch resistance, the DROID RAZR is ready to face the elements. Speed limits are just an illusion with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE. DROID RAZR customers can expect to rip through the Web with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.
“DROID RAZR by Motorola combines style, performance and the power of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network into one innovative device,” said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “These are two iconic brands that separately symbolize the best technology available today. The combination will provide an unsurpassed wireless experience for customers.”
“DROID RAZR by Motorola is a testament to the innovation and design possibilities that stem from a strong partnership between Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless,” said Sanjay Jha, Chairman and CEO, Motorola Mobility. “We set out to design the best smartphone on the planet and delivered DROID RAZR which is thinner, smarter, stronger than any device on the market.”
Not only does DROID RAZR by Motorola deliver heart-pounding speed, but it has a mind-bending 4.3-inch hyper-vibrant display with more colors than most LCD HDTVs. The Super AMOLED™ Advanced display with qHD resolution dishes out beautiful images and smooth action so on-the-go movies and TV shows aren’t a blur, whether customers stream from Netflix™ or rent from Android Market™. It’s the first smartphone capable of streaming movies and TV shows through Netflix with up to HD resolution.
DROID RAZR customers can take advantage of the Super AMOLED Advanced display and 4G LTE speeds to stream videos with NFL Mobile, only from Verizon. Fans can stay up to date on news, schedules and scores from their favorite teams on the go. NFL Mobile is included at no additional charge for 4G LTE customers for the remainder of the 2011 season.
If cutting-edge visuals are its beauty, apps on DROID RAZR are its brains. Enter MotoCast™, the free Motorola app that lets you stream or download your music, pictures and more from your PC to your phone. The Smart Actions app helps automate everyday tasks and optimizes battery efficiency by letting customers create rules, such as automatically setting the phone to vibrate during work hours or dimming the display at a specific battery level. The revolutionary webtop application allows customers to combine the device with separately sold accessories, like the Lapdock™ 100 or HD Station, unleashing the power to edit documents and browse the Web with a full Firefox® browser on a larger screen – all while charging the device.
· Powered by Android™ 2.3.5, Gingerbread
· 1 GB RAM for a fast user interface and multi-tasking
· 8-megapixel rear camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization technology for crisp and clear videos
· Front-facing HD camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi
· 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capable so customers can share 4G LTE speed with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices
· Water repellent nanocoating protects the phone, and even the inside components, against everyday spills
· Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts as well as voice and video chat conferencing
· Use Quickoffice® to view, create and edit Microsoft® Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents on your mobile device from anywhere at anytime
· Bluetooth 4.0 low energy
· 32 GB memory: 16 GB on board and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)
· Powerful 1780 mAh battery
The DROID RAZR will be available in early November for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement at all Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at: www.verizonwireless.com; as well as at authorized retailers. Customers can visit www.droiddoes.com/droidrazr to pre-order DROID RAZR beginning on October 27. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go towww.verizonwireless.com.