Quick heads up guys, it seems that Motorola will be pushing out the Gingerbread update for the Motorola Droid X finally. There are a whole bundle of updates, all of which are included in the changelog below.
- Download Manager App
- A new “Running” tab displays a list of active applications and the storage and memory being used by each.
- Multi touch key chording – enter numbers and symbols with keyboard shortcut combos.
- Improved Word Selection and Copy Functionality – select a word via press-hold. A second press of the selected word copies the selected characters.
- New UI, Icons, widgets and color schemes.
- Dock Icons – Phone, App Launcher and Contacts icons are replaced within a customizable dock. Three swappable icons and the App Launcher icon are fixed to the Dock at the bottom of all home screen panels for easy and instant access.
- App Groups – now create custom app groups.
- Smart Contacts.
- Updated Calendar Options.
- Geo-Tagging for Camera applications.
- Improvements in the Calendar and Email apps.
- Edit Contacts without being directed to the home screen.
- Improvements in the Camera in Auto Focus mode in Low-light conditions.
- Improved battery life while using Bluetooth.
That’s a lot of updates, really. We’re not complaining at all. Nope