Everyone’s favorite Android launcher, LauncherPro, has just received an update to v0.8.4. There are several bugs fixed plus a couple of new features added, so don’t wait anymore to update this stuff. The dev also suggests that if you want to purchase LauncherPro through Paypal, then you may have to do it soon, as the new Terms and Conditions of the Android Market won’t allow developers to provide paid upgrades outside the Market. Also, the Paypal payment option will be removed as well, so if you depend on Paypal to make online payments or have some credit left, you may have to do it sooner than later!
Moving on, here’s the official changelog:
For Plus users only:
- Facebook login (for the Facebook widget) is now handled through the official Facebook app where available. This should help people with low DPI devices who were having throuble logging in before.
- Updated the Twitter API backend to fix some issues that some people were having with status updates.
- New Gmail widget! You can choose the source Gmail account, so you if you have multiple Gmail accounts, you can have a widget for each one of them. It’s not as full-featured as the official app but it should be enough for most users. Replying to emails is handled by the official Gmail app (we can launch that part of it from 3rd party apps).
For all users:
- Gingerbread fixes and improvements. The 3D app drawer has been fixed to work properly on Gingerbread. Other tweaks should provide much improved graphics performance (smoothness) on Gingerbread as well.
- New homescreen transition effects: “Flip” and “Rotate 2″. The old “Flip” effect is now named “Flip 2″.