Oooh boy, Canonical just released the Ubuntu Phone images for the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. Note that only Maguro, Mako, Grouper and Manta versions of the said devices, respectively.
Ubuntu Wiki has installation instructions, and if I’m successful in flashing the image, I’ll be doing a more simplified version of the instructions here. It’s a developer preview, and some things don’t quite work yet.
- Airplane Mode / Wi-Fi Power Control
- Advanced Settings ( eg. Hidden SSIDs, Manual IP, VPN, … )
- Hot Spot/Tethering
The following Radio technologies are not yet included in the Developer Preview:
- Airplane Mode
- Settings ( eg. APN choice, 2G only, … )
Mobile data is not supported, data is available via Wi-Fi only.
These Call features are not yet supported:
- Emergency Call Support ( ie. ability to dial emergency numbers without a valid SIM card ).
- PIN/PUK support for locked SIMs
- No SIM filesystem support
These SMS features are not yet implemented:
- Send error handling
- Delivery Reports
There are more device-specific issues, so read it all first.