Looks like the unveiling of the next Nexus, the Galaxy Nexus, will be happening on October 19th. Earlier, the event was scheduled for October 11th, and it got postponed, apparently ‘out of respect’ for Jobs.
There were rumors doing the rounds that the event would be held on October 27th, a day after Nokia unveils its first Windows Phones, but that has been shot down (almost) today.
The Galaxy Nexus (or Nexus Prime) will come with Ice Cream Sandwich, and some of its leaked specs don’t paint as much an exciting picture, compared to the excitement among the users –
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.65″ Super AMOLED HD display with curved glass
- TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor clocked at 1.2 GHz
- 1 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory
- 5 MP main camera, with 1080p (fullHD) recording support, 1.3 MP front facing camera
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, NFC, LTE/HSPA
- 1750 mAh battery