With Samsung and Nokia announcing about 7 phones yesterday, Sony Ericsson may have felt left out. And so, it has announced the launch of Xperia neo V, a slightly downgraded version of Xperia neo, perhaps to bring the price down. The neo V (V as in a Roman numeral) comes with Gingerbread 2.3.4 out of the box.
- Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
- 3.7″ touchscreen of 854×480 resolution
- 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 processor; 512 MB RAM
- 5 MP main camera; HD video recording; LED flash; Front facing VGA camera
- 320 MB internal memory, expandable up to 32 GB; 2 GB microSD card preinstalled
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
No info about pricing at the moment.
Android 2.3.4 update for all the Xperia devices announced in 2011 – arc, neo, play, pro, mini pro, mini, active and ray.
- Update to Facebook inside Xperia
- Sony 3D sweep panorama functionality
- USB On The Go support when you connect your Xperia to the Sony Ericsson LiveDock. Well… not on the go now, eh
- Google Talk with Video chat support
- Swipe text input (ala Swype) called as T9 Trace
- Ability to take a screenshot natively
The update should start rolling out from October 2011.
via Sony Ericsson