Time for some lulz. Okay, serious. AT&T is saying that it has the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update all ready to be pushed out for the Infuse 4G, but at the moment, it doesn’t seem like Samsung has the update ready to be downloaded. Probably that’s a server thing, and should be resolved soon.
Here’s what the update brings to the Infuse 4G –
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed.
Here’s a quick note – Android 2.3 Gingerbread was announced way back in December, 2010. The Infuse 4G itself was released in May 2011, so you’d like to assume it came with Gingerbread, but actually, it was Froyo on board. So much fail? Totally.
via AT&T Forums