HTC is all set to unveil a few similar-looking devices (again) at the Mobile World Congress which is going to be held this month.
The devices are being branded under a new ‘One’ series, and come with names such as the One X, One S, One V… with the letters X, S etc being super-script. With that part understood, here’s what you should know about the devices –
We’ve been talking about the Endeavour – turns out it’s the One X, aptly named, because the device will come with a quad-core processor, ICS and the latest version of Sense, Sense 4.0. Here’s what we know about this monster phone –
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with Sense 4.0 slapped (badly) on top
- 4.7″ HD display
- 1.5 GHz Quad Core Tegra 3 processor
- 8 MP main camera, f/2.2 lens, can record full HD videos (1080p), front facing video call camera
- 1 GB RAM, 32 GB in-built memory, expandable with microSD card
Moving on, there was another device that was being leaked time and again for weeks now, under the name of Ville. HTC is rumored to launch this device under as the One S. And we’ve some specs leaked as well.
- Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich, Sense 4.0 UI on top
- 4.3″ qHD (540×960) resolution display (uh, we need HD displays!)
- 1.5 GHz dual core processor
- 8 MP snapper on the back, front facing VGA camera
- 1 GB RAM
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
Not much different from the One X, in terms of specs, except for that ‘smaller’ 4.3″ qHD display, down from the 4.7″ HD display of the One X.
There’s another device, named as the One V, supposedly with specs ala the Rhyme. The specs doing the rounds are –
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with Sense 4.0 UI on top
- 3.7″ display
- 1 GHz single core processor
- 5 MP main camera, 720p video recording; front facing video call camera
- 1 GB RAM
- Beats Audio
By now, you may be feeling irritated with this Taiwan-based company. Can’t blame you. I just hope they come with new designs. Rehashing the same design from 2 years is like… well, you know, boring.