The Samsung Galaxy Ace Duos was available in India for quite some time now, for $340. It supported, however, a GSM and a CDMA SIM, not GSM+GSM, unlike this International version. The one that’s been announced for the rest of the world supports two GSM SIMS. CDMA support is not there.
Since we are all too familiar with the device, I’ll not talk about it much. Here are the specs though –
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread with TouchWiz UI
- 3.5″ LCD display of HVGA resolution (320×480)
- 832 MHz processor
- 5 MP camera on the back, no LED flash
- 512 MB RAM, 3 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- Dual SIM (GSM+GSM) Bluetooth, Wi-Fi b/g/n, GPS
- 1300 mAh battery
The device costs about $340 in India (off contract, of course), but I expect it to cost lesser now. Samsung will launch it first in Russia, then to other European countries and the Latin America and Africa. Russian launch is supposed to be sometime in June.