Trying to make good of the “Back to School” season in the US, Samsung has launched the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 “Student Edition”. Forget the ridiculously long name for the time being, and note that Samsung will be
giving away bundling accessories worth $100. The said accessories include a keyboard dock, and a USB adapter, which should be good to help you connect flash drives (USB), mice and a keyboard as well.
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, with TouchWiz on top
- 7″ TFT LCD display, 1024×600 pixels
- 1 GHz dual core processor, PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- 3.15 MP front facing camera, fixed focus, smile detection; front facing VGA camera
- 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Hotspot, Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS
- Supports GSM communication – HSPA
- 4000 mAh battery
The tablet will be available in retail stores starting tomorrow, and will be the 8 GB version only. Cost of the tablet is $250, and the bundled accessories will be worth $100. Be quick, though, the offer will only be applicable until the 1st of September, and participating retailers include Best Buy, Amazon, Tiger Direct, Costco and Fry’s.
Oh, only applicable in the US.