Nokia Pushing Belle FP2 Update To 603, 700, 701 And 808 PureView
Symbian just won’t die, will it? In keeping up its word, Nokia is continuing its support for the near-dead OS, Symbian, releasing a Feature Pack 2 update for four devices, namely (or numberly) – the 603, 700, 701 and 808 PureView. The latter also gets some imaging and gallery enhancements, while the former three get Nokia Car Mode, a faster keyboard with Hindi (Devnagri) support and a faster browser and a bug fix here and there.
Apart from that, here’s what’s new for the 808 PureView –
- Gallery Grid view when you have the phone in landscape
- Access to more functions when you open your images from the Gallery widget on your home screen – swipe through other images, zoom, share, edit, and send images faster.
- More information about your images, such as image resolution, ISO value, white balance setting, and file size, and the location. When you are connected online, one click will show you on Nokia Maps where the photo was taken.
- Select and delete multiple photos in Gallery Grid
- New reset button in Creative mode to change all the settings back to default with a single touch
- New video editing app, called Video Pro, also included.
As I write this, the update should have reached you, but if it hasn’t, it will come soon. Meanwhile, Symbian lives on to die another day!
Update: Apparently, the update (seriously not intended!) has been pulled due to some issues. If you’ve updated your phone, don’t worry, there should be a bug fix update soon. Those of you who haven’t updated, stay hooked, it will be made available soon. Thanks to @mobileyog for the tip!