Samsung isn’t done yet. They announced the first smartphone to run Windows Phone 8, and before that, there was the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy Camera! It’s raining devices today.
The Ativ S is quite up there with the Androids, in that it comes with a dual core Krait processor – we all know it’s awesome. It’s fast, very fast, but what we don’t know about the Ativ S yet, is the GPU being used. Either way, the specs –
- Windows Phone 8 Apollo
- 4.8″ Super AMOLED HD display
- 1.5 GHz dual core processor
- 8 MP camera, LED flash; front facing 1.9 MP camera
- 1 GB RAM, 16 GB / 32 GB internal memory, expandable with a microSD card
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC
- 2300 mAh battery
The device is really, really thin. This gallery by Ben Rudolph shows it off nicely, and I’m amazed Samsung could squeeze in a 2300 mAh battery. That’s a lot of power, probably enough to use an Android phone for over one and a half days. Windows Phone, if you get a day’s backup out of it, it’d be pretty great.
What is next, Samsung? Some better designs, please.